INTRODUCTION TO HANDGUN OPERATION
Intro to Pistol Operation
This course is one of the most important class in developing the shooter's fundamentals understanding of tactical shooting.
It is designed to prepare the students to the intermediate level. This module focuses on developing precise marksmanship and introduce gun-handling skills needed to successfully operate a semi-auto handgun in defensive capacity.
This class will educate students on reloading, ammunition management, clearing semi-auto malfunctions. The students will also be introduced to the concept of combat shooting such as shooting in pairs, performing precise headshots, failure drills, multiple target engagement and other alternative shooting drills. Precise mechanics are taught with utmost detail.
Fee: Phase 1 $170, Phase 2 $55, Combo $210
Tuition: (Limited Space)
$225 (USD) Gun rental also available
Prerequisite: Pistol-1(a) or Equivalent
Ammunition: Approx. 300 rounds
The following technique and concepts will be introduced at a reasonable pace for the maximum retention
Elements covered in Pistol-I(a) will be reviewed and practiced
Students are introduced to the concept of weapon operation such as reloading and malfunction clearnce.
Intro to Combat Shooting
Students are introduced to the concept of Combat shooting and drills
- Semi Auto Pistol (9mm, 40 cal., 45 cal.)
- 300 rds of ammunition (Students must provide own ammo)
- Holster (Blackhawk Serpa & 1911 combo are not recommended)
- Sturdy shooting belt
- Magazines (3 or more recommended)
- Magazine pouch (holds min of two mags)
- Dummy Rounds (5 minimum)
- Eye protection (Prefer clear with no color or some tint is ok)
- Ear protection (both outer and inner protections are recommended)
- Shoes/boots for protection (for mud, dirt, uneven surface)
- Cap or Hat (highly recommended top reduce glare and heat)
- Appropriate attire for weather & flying hot brass
- Cargo pants with plenty of pockets for storage
- Marking Pen (Sharpies – larger tip is preferred)
- Water and snacks
- Gun bag/case to store and transport firearms